Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hell yes

This morning I woke up and I was like, "Yes. I can do this," I felt for the first time in a while, energized about the remainder of this deployment. I am strong. I'm a fucking marine wife. I have this shit under control. I'm not going to let this piece of shit deployment bring my spirit down. Yes, we will spend Christmas apart, yes this is the first time, but you know what? At least I have him. At least I have someone who is thinking about me on Christmas. At least I know that he's alive and he's safe. There are many other women who don't have those luxuries. It is unfortunate that he'll be gone this year, but we will have next year, and the year after that, and a lifetime of Christmases that we will be able to spend together. Big picture, it's just a day. It's just one day closer to him being in my arms.

And Homecoming is my favorite holiday anyway. And he will definitely be here for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment