Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Where are you?

Today Jordan's Squadrons FRO (Family Readiness Officer) hosted a session where families for the deployed marines could get together and make Christmas banners for their loved ones overseas. In my opinion, I think that it's a fantastic idea. To give the families a chance to really give their marine a personal message on Christmas, so they can see it and remember that they are loved and still remembered here at home. So, I haul ass after work so that I'm not late. Turns out....I'm the only one there.

Alright alright, there was one other spouse and her kids who wrote a little stocking to their dad. But other than that, no one. I mean really? Where are you guys? Where is your support? Where is your comraderie in the squadron? Maybe I'm being too quick to judge. I mean they could have been stuck at work, or it just slipped their minds. I was just really disappointed that only two spouses wanted to show their support for their marines.

Maybe it's not cool to be a Semper wife. It's not cool to go to Family Readiness functions or support the squadron or anything. You know what? I don't give a rats ass. I don't want to be cool then. Because I will always support my husband and the marines that he serves with. And if that means making 5 banners for marines that I don't even know, then so be it. I will do that.

Plus side, I got  free range with the banner that went to Camp Leatherneck. I didn't have to ask anyone else what they thought about my design. And Sgt. Hendrix will get to look at it and know that his wife did it. Even though she spelled a word wrong. well, maybe he won't go announcing that his wife did it, at least he'll know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment